Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Ayurvedic Herbal Oil Based Serum

katacct - Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Can you tell me anything about this hair loss solution?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm

User avatar Hello,
As an alternative/herbal supplement treatment, we have little scientific information about this product. It is not regulated by the FDA so we can't recommend or refute this treatment. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

There are many hair loss treatments that are scams so be careful. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you are suffering from hair loss, you should see a doctor to determine if you have anemia, hormonal deficiency such as thyroid or PCOS or even an autoimmune disorder or chronic illness contributing to the condition, in which case legitimate treatments might be available by prescription. Androgens may be too abundant and there is medication to counteract this condition. It is important to find the cause and treat it appropriately so if you haven't already done so, please get help from a doctor.

Some hair loss can also be helped through your stylist but it is important to be sure you have excluded possible physical conditions that might be underlying. Get a complete workup by a doctor who specializes in female pattern balding.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us