Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Allergic Reaction to Pamabrom

Anonymous - Tue May 20, 2003 2:03 am

i took some medication menstrual relief, it contained pamabron and a circular blister occured on my leftt jaw and upper right area above my lip which caused bad scars. it took a while for me to realize it was my menstural medication. I discontinued it a just took a pain reliever. After a few months i took another brand for pms and the same thing occured. I read the ingredients for all of the pain medication i take for that time of the month and they all contained the same thing except for the two medications that caused these blisters, and that ingredient is pamabrom. I know it is a duretic but the two medications are the only one that contain this and the only two that caused this reaction. can Pamabrom cause this type of reaction?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:38 am

User avatar Pamabrom - Pyrilamine Maleate - Acetaminophen
Diuretic - Antihistamine - Analgesic

Indications And Clinical Uses: For temporary relief of symptoms accompanying premenstrual syndrome such as cramps, headache, irritability, backache and mild to moderate aches and pains.

Hypersensitivity reactions to pamabrom are rare but may include urticaria, skin eruptions, pruritus or anaphylaxis.
 Romia Valentina - Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:03 am

Are there any adverse reactions when taking at the same time?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us