Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: Allergic Reaction to Pamabrom

Anonymous - Tue May 20, 2003 2:03 am

i took some medication menstrual relief, it contained pamabron and a circular blister occured on my leftt jaw and upper right area above my lip which caused bad scars. it took a while for me to realize it was my menstural medication. I discontinued it a just took a pain reliever. After a few months i took another brand for pms and the same thing occured. I read the ingredients for all of the pain medication i take for that time of the month and they all contained the same thing except for the two medications that caused these blisters, and that ingredient is pamabrom. I know it is a duretic but the two medications are the only one that contain this and the only two that caused this reaction. can Pamabrom cause this type of reaction?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:38 am

User avatar Pamabrom - Pyrilamine Maleate - Acetaminophen
Diuretic - Antihistamine - Analgesic

Indications And Clinical Uses: For temporary relief of symptoms accompanying premenstrual syndrome such as cramps, headache, irritability, backache and mild to moderate aches and pains.

Hypersensitivity reactions to pamabrom are rare but may include urticaria, skin eruptions, pruritus or anaphylaxis.
 Romia Valentina - Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:03 am

Are there any adverse reactions when taking at the same time?