Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: blood in bowel movements

moclimber - Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:59 pm

I noticed the past couple of times I had a bowel movement that there was blood in it. I have not really been constipated lately but my bowel movements have been a lot thicker than usual and I have had to exert myself more to get it to come out. I am 19 years old but, I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma from June 2003 through June 2004. I don't know if it is something to do with that or what. Any information would be helpful...Thanks
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:03 am

User avatar It could be the blood thinner you are currently taking. Or it could be piles. You are at increased risk of developing piles if you continue to strain during defication. Please contact your doctor immediately and report the bleeding. Why are you taking the blood thinner?