Question: allergic reaction to pamabrom

Marys med - Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:31 pm

Have recently been diagnosed with a severe reaction to pamabrom (found in Pamprin). Reaction begins with burning pain and itching in anal area which then moves to the mouth and eyes. Within hours lips on mouth swell. Within 24 hours blistering sores appear around and inside mouth and near eye. They are extremely painful and last approx. 1 week. One sore on outside of mouth leaves a reddish purple rash, that does not dissappear. Noticed that other have had similar reactions to this med., but none with my severity. I recently was diagnosed with hypothyroid. Prior to this, never had any drug reactions. Have had environmental allergies for many years.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:05 am

User avatar Hi Marys med,
Any medication may cause an allergic reaction in the person taking it. With each exposure to an allergin, the reaction becomes worse. The recommended thing to do is don't take that particular medication or any medication that contains the substance.