Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: ssris in urinalysis

maybw - Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:58 pm

i have to do a urine test for pre employment i was taking luvox for about one month only, and have not had any for 2 months, will this show up in a urine test ?, and how long would this sort of drug stay in ones system ?.

thanking you
Tim.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:39 am

User avatar Hi maybw,
To my knowledge if you have not taken a drug in a 2 month time span the metabolites of that drug should be out of your system and not detectable in urine. The general time frame for antidepressants (Tricyclic Antidepressants) maximum 2-7days. It would be my impression that the same would also apply to SSRI's.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us