Question: ssris in urinalysis

maybw - Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:58 pm

i have to do a urine test for pre employment i was taking luvox for about one month only, and have not had any for 2 months, will this show up in a urine test ?, and how long would this sort of drug stay in ones system ?.

thanking you
Tim.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:39 am

User avatar Hi maybw,
To my knowledge if you have not taken a drug in a 2 month time span the metabolites of that drug should be out of your system and not detectable in urine. The general time frame for antidepressants (Tricyclic Antidepressants) maximum 2-7days. It would be my impression that the same would also apply to SSRI's.