Question: Getting unaddicted from caffeine

adapt_king - Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:46 am

Are there any medical/biological reasons as to why it's more prudent to go cold turkey from caffeine as opposed to gradually getting off it?

My doctor told me the best way to get unaddicted from caffeine is to simply go cold turkey from it.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 am

User avatar There is no physical addiction to caffeine. It is a psychological problem with very minor physical side effects related to the lack of stimulation. Therefore it is not only safe, but much more effective, to simply stop use of caffeine-containing products, since psychological dependence is often more difficult to manage by weaning than is actual physical dependence. You may feel low energy and sleepiness for a while after withdrawal, but if you attempt to wean yourself from caffeine you likely will never get very far with the program.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.