Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Left hand and mouth numbness... marijuana withdrawal?

tahnee - Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:10 am

My partner smokes marijuana regularly. After not smoking it for one week he experienced left hand numbness which travelled through part of his left body and mouth. Whilst the hand returned to normal after an hour his speech was slurred and he was quite dizzy, confused and drowsy for the next few hours. Could this be due to the marijuana? He has also been exercising regularly, could this have contributed to the more intense withdrawal? What do you recommend (obviously getting of it) but with which approach?
many thanks.
 jGeis7 - Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:11 pm

in my research i have found that studies repeatedly prove that marijuana causes no known physical withdrawl symptoms when ceased. being a daily marijuana smoker, i have gone through periods of up to a month without smoking, and there have been no psychological or physical withdrawl symptoms.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us