Question: Zyrtex Medication - High Weight Gain?

chrisyip59 - Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Hi, I take been taking half a tablet of zyrtex 10mg daily for 20 years now. And I believe as a result of this, my weight has been increasing through the years. I eat healthily and exercise regularly. Is there an alternative medication I can take which will not cause me the same side effects?

Thank you :)
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:04 am

User avatar Hello,Less than 2% of those who take zyrtec complain of weight gain,and thus is a rarer side effect.
As to whether it is drug induced or due to other factors need to be ascetained.Also it would be interesting to know the basic condition treated for.This could help to suggest alternative medication.
However compared with older antihistaminics this is a much safer drug.