Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Cocaine vs. Adderall for study aid

PeterCazbien - Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:20 pm

I was prescribed Adderall in 9th grade, took it for a year and stopped, not because it didn't work for my ADD but because of the side effects: insomnia, loss of appetite, severe Depression on the come-down. I would still take it sometimes if I really needed help getting something done. A couple years ago I tried cocaine and it seemed shockingly similar to my Adderall. The difference was that I could eat and sleep more easily after use and I experienced no Depression on the come-down. (cut cocaine did give me side effects but when purified it gave me none) So in my Senior year of high school I used pure cocaine in place of my Adderall, and for the first time in my life I got straight A's in school, and more importantly I was happy, eating and sleeping all the while.
I know cocaine is illegal but it seemed to work with my body much better than the legal amphetamines my doctor prescribed me.
Am I crazy for feeling this way? I'm very confused about this issue.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:50 am

User avatar Hello,While you might have had short term benefits they would pale in to insignificance when confronted with addiction potentialities of cocaine.What would all this rank and feeling good ultimately would lead to an abyess ie addiction.Tolerence to the drug will develop fast and you would need more to feel good.The action of cocaine would have profound effect on other organs including the brain and heart.Apart from alcohol and tobacco the commonest ED admissions relate to cocaine in a drug related senario.Best for you to retract steps and stick what the doctor gave you.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us