Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: L-Arginine HELP URGENT

Peters - Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:25 am

Hello,

I am feeling a little worried, I bought L-Arginine 300grams a bottle powder. On the internet when I ordered it it was a picture of the company: NOW and when I got it home it was a whole diffrent bottle by the company: S.A.S Labs. Why where there diffrent looking bottles? And also why doesnt it say on the bottle storage temprature and such like it says on other stuff I have bough before? Can it be something fishy.
Please someone tell me how real arginine should taste and smell. this stuff has a sharp taste and smells like sperm.

//thanks in advance
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:28 am

User avatar Hi Peters,
I would be quite hesitant on consuming a product purchased on the internet. There have been reports of products being sold that are imposters (so to speak). I would strongly suggest that if your looking for a product to purchase it from a pharmacy or a reputable health food store. Do not take something that varies so significantly from a product that you have taken before.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Peters - Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:56 pm

Hello,

please can someone just tell me how arginine should taste and smell!!!!???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:35 am

User avatar Hello Peters,
The L-Arginine pills that I have administered, I don't recall a peculiar smell (I haven't tasted them) and the powder has a fruity taste and smell.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us