Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Zoloft

Rusty909 - Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:23 pm

I began the zoloft starter pack, and after 3 days became quite dizzy. I stopped the med and the dizziness went away. Started the zoloft again, and the dizziness has returned. This light-headed feeling comes if I turn my head too quickly or move to quickly. My doctor says that I'm experiencing nothing but severe anxiety, and not dizziness. He's incorrect. I'm fairly relaxed, but feeling as if I'm on a boat in rough seas. I wish to alleviate my agoraphobia, so I'll continue with the zoloft. How can I counteract this dizziness ? Thanks - Rusty
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:22 pm

Dizziness is very common with SSRI's. With the new information about the side effects and discontinuance syndrome associated with these medications, it may be in your best interest to ask your physician for a different treatment method.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us