Question: drug withdrawl

AdamBorder - Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:12 am

I have been using 5-10 oxycontin 80mg a day for over a year. I decided that i want to quit a while ago. I tried to quit cold turkey numerous times but did not succeed. I have lowered my dosage for the past three months daily. i am now down to 1-3 40mg a day. I want to go through detox now, but i have no treatment centers or methadone clinics in my area. I searched everywhere. I want to go to the hospital but i talked to my place of employment. They can't give me anymore days off of work without loosing my job. I can't loose this job because it is me and my wife's only source of income and we are already late on a lot of bills and will be kicked out on to the streets if i can't keep working. I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. My question is that if i explain my situation, and ask for his help. Will he give me 3 or 4 days worth of Librium, Methadone, or Ultramine. Also something to help sleep, for sickness, and anxiety. Or a combination of some of them. Or will he say that he can't help me. I only ask because i can't afford to pay for an appointment if he can't help. Please give me any information about this question or who i should talk to to perscribe me something for at home detox. Please help asap i just want to be clean and get my life back.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:26 am

User avatar Hi AdamBorder,
Let me first congratulate you on your present achievements and desire to move forward and seek assistance. Here are some suggestions. Call you doctors office and speak with the nurse (not the receptionist) explain your situation and see if they can provide you with some information and assistance on exactly what you need as well as outpatient programs. Here also are a couple of web sites for you to view to inquire about outpatient programs in your area.
http://www.ohiodrugreform.org
http://www.oxycontin-drug-rehab.com/
Ohio Drug Rehab Programs Help Line Call 1-866-501-1172
I hope this information is useful and good luck on your endeavors.