Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Bloody Eye

Khyle_Lewis - Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:24 am

About 2 weeks ago now i went to play football (soccer) with some friends of mine got kicked in the eye. From which i sustained a swelling on my cheek bone. Soon after a bloody redness appeared on my cornea. I went to the pharmacy to buy Spersa-Dexoline, which is what the pharmacist suggested. The eye drops work fine its just that for some messed up reason i end up tasting the eye drops in my mouth. Believe me, its not a pleasant taste whatsoever. Its not dripping down my face and doesnt seem to become gaseous. Why am i tasting it in my mouth?

Thank For Answering this whoever
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:01 am

User avatar Hello Khyle_Lewis,

The orbit or eye socket floor is made up of the maxillary sinus, that bone is thin. You may have a fractured orbit, a tear in the lining of the eye socket or a torn tear duct. It sounds like the eye drops are dripping into your sinus cavity and draining into the back of your throat where you are tasting the drops. You MUST get to an Ophthalmologist right away! It could be much worse than you know.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us