Question: Un-diagnosed

memjb14 - Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:12 pm

For over 2 years I have had the same problem. For almost 2 years I have been to my doctor, other doctors, eye doctors, have been on various medications and have had numerous tests all unconclusive.
I have pressure that seems to be behind my eyes and in my forehead constantly. I feel light-headed, off balance, nauseous (but not vomiting). Every day I have to fight with my eyes. My eyes get a "pull" to them. Once my eyes just voluntarily crossed but when I looked in the mirror my eyes were facing straight. Just a couple of days ago I looked at something to the right of me and both my eyes pulled. This happens alot and I try to close my eyes and breathe but it doesn't help much. I am afraid to move my eyes because I can feel it coming on. Sometimes I get blurred vision all the way around my pupil, then my eyes feel pressure. This always last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour and sometimes more than once a day. I always feel a headache but more so before and especially after my eyes do that. I also get headaches after I eat. Right now I feel a faintness with pressure in my eyes and head.
I have had an MRI, cat scan, have been on migraine medication (which only made me feel worse), ulcer, blood and allergy tests, my eyes were dialated as well as other tests and medications.
The only diagnosis that came over the last 2 years is my cholesterol and sugar is a little high.
At this point I don't know what kind of physician or treatment to seek.
Thank you.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:03 pm

Ideally, you should be investigated by a neurologist, ophthalmologist and an ENT surgeon.
You have not stated what parts were examined by MRI and CT scans, but I would expect that these were the brain, orbits and sinuses. If not, get them checked under the appropriate specialist. Two years is quite a long time to be without a diagnosis.

Dr Anthony Solomon
MB BS DTM&H DIP.VEN FRSM
 memjb14 - Tue May 03, 2005 1:24 pm

I had the CAT scan done in the hospital after going through the emergency room. I had the MRI done after the CAT scan showed nothing. I took the MRI exray scans to a Nuerologist and my doctor...nothing. My doctor sent me to have my sinuses exrayed...nothing. I didn't do to an ENT surgeon because the exray of my sinuses showed nothing and my doctor doesn't think it is necessary especially after the MRI and CAT scans. I had my eyes dialated through an optometrist. He saw nothing that could be causing my symptoms. He suggested I am having opticular migraines but I don't feel that is the answer. Stress was suggested but I do not feel stressed or depressed and I am not overly anxious. My doctor already tried Xanax and Buspar and Meclizine-maybe-all that medicine just made me sleepy and didn't help anything else. I do not feel normal. I feel like a guinea pig with no answers. I don't know what other doctor to see. I heard that no matter what kind of doctor you go to...you'll leave having something that doctor specializes in.
When I was 14 or so I had the operation for scoliosis. I have harrington rods, wires and pins in my back and my spine was fused (lower back). Could this have anything to do with my symptoms? For over 20 years I have only had lower back pain and muscle tightness but nothing else.