Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: Alcohol and sleeplessness

IMA - Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm a 27 year old female and I have a lot of trouble sleeping when I drink. I typically drink once or twice a week, mostly on the weekends. I know alcohol effects your sleep, but I think it effects me more than normal and I'm hoping there's somehting I can do about it.
If I only have 1 or 2 beers, then sometimes I won't have a problem, but as soon I get up to 4 or more, I sleep horribly! And if I drink in the afternoon and sober up before bed, then I usually can't even fall asleep at all!
It is VERY frustrating and I've never met anyone who has this problem to the degree that I do. Any help is much apperciated! Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 pm

I know of nothing to be done for this and adding drugs for sleep to the equation is not recommended except for occasional use. The obvious solution would be to limit your alcohol intake but of course that is a no-brainer and not what you are looking for.

Sorry, but this would be the answer.