Question: Reporting a Doctor

VerminGTi - Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:04 am

First time poster here...anyway

is there a governing body to report a doctor too, because my grandmothers doctor had her on repeat prescriptions of tablets for around 11 years with no review on what she was taking, which she was taken off of when she was admitted to hospital and was then queried by a doctor at the hospital?

I am also concerned to the fact he seemed nervous and apologetic saying "I would never hurt your mother" to my aunt.

I think its pretty disguisting that he should be doing this, and its pushed me over the edge and i would like to report him (or get someone else to report him as im not next of kin) but have no idea how to go about it.

Vermin
 Acrobat - Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:16 am

Bristol in the UK?

As for the pills, i dunno what they are, but i know that if they are for blood pressure, sometimes older people are required to take them indefinatly. Forever in other words. And lots of other medications are the same i think. Also if your grandmother mentioned her concern to the doctor and he still says she should take them even after 11 years, then he probably has a reason. Has he even explained anything to your gran? Or atleast said why she should still be taking them after 11 years?

As for reporting him, i don't know sorry, im not a doctor here on the forum or anything, but i think most of the doctors here are from the USA so they might not know. But i know you can get a number from the phone book of NHS Direct. They have been helpfull to me in the past in telling me where to get a prescription made up after midnight and who to speak to about certain medical issues and stuff like that. They would atleast be able to give you a second opinion on the 11 years and they might say thats normal or confirm that its too long or whatever.

Goodluck.