Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: How to reduce nausea from Oxycotin

sjsharks18 - Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:03 pm

My doctor prescribed me Oxycotin 30mg to take one pill twice a day for chronic pain. He started me on 10mg and I did fine without side effects. When I take the 30mg I'm fine for a while but then hours later, I vomit. I don't get really nauseous either, I just end up vomiting. I've been taking the pill with food. Would taking it without food help with the vomiting hours later? Or is there anything I should to relieve that side effect?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:34 pm

I doubt you would find that taking it on an empty stomach helps. It is possible that you might do well to switch to a different pain reliever. Discuss this with your doctor since it is not an expected response to this drug. You don't need nausea and vomiting in addition to pain.