Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Drug test

Renae - Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:15 pm

I have had a migraine for the past week and my doctor has tried Imitrex and Frova. The Imitrex caused severe chest tightness and then I passed out. Then my docotr tried Frova and I had similar symptoms but I did not pass out. Finally, I was in so much pain I decided to just take some pills that I had from a previous injury. I took a Darvocet and when that didn't help I took an Ultram. I know that I shouldn't self medicate but my head really hurts. Anyway, I have to take a random drug screen at work and was wondering if these would show up on the screen. I have prescriptions for them both but I don't really want them knowing my business.

If anyone can help I would really, really appreciate it. :(
Renae
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:04 pm

User avatar Hi Renae,
It's certainly not an impossibility that these drugs would show up on a drug screen if it were taken within approximately 3 days of administration (generally speaking).
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:09 am

User avatar Hello,
Darvocet is a narcotic analgesic and may show in some (comprehensive) drug screens as far as I know.
Best regards,
 krsmas - Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 pm

i have been prescriped alot of different pain meds to help with my back and recently i i acsidentally took some of my old morphine. i am on a contract with my doc and need to take a drug screen before i can get my new script. how long can morphine stay in my body and show up on a drug screen? can ne one help me? and is there a difference between liquid morphine taken oraly and the pill form taken oraly?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us