Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: the-morning-after-pill (Plan B)

staceylynn - Fri May 27, 2005 10:33 am

:oops: I recently asked my doctor for the morning after pill. I took the first dose at about 5:45 PM and the directions said to take the second one 12 hours later. I figured that because I wake up at 6 Am for school I could take it then but I overslept and woke up at nine. I took the pill as soon as I remembered but I'm worried that it won't work now. Can you please provide any helpful information you can.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat May 28, 2005 9:24 am

User avatar Hi staceylynn,
Studies show that the pill works best when taken 24 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse and is approx 90 percent effective if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual encounters according to it's manufacturers. My question for you is with all of the pregnancy inhibitors available have you considered any of the available options? If not it would be to your benefit to consider these options if you are going to be sexually active.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us