Question: EMERGENCY

aesop - Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:50 pm

my friend is has just informed me that she smoked opium earlier today, she claims she is coming down fine, i need to know if that stats on this drug, is it addictive, can you die from it, etc.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:27 am

User avatar One of the most detrimental side effects of opium is addiction. Opium addiction occurs very rapidly, sometimes within weeks. Once your freind becomes addicted to opium, they will continue to use the drug not only for the purpose of intoxication, but too avoid the painful side effects associated with withdrawal that naturally come with opiate addiction.
Opium side effects include but are not limited to:
    malnutrition
    respiratory complications
    low blood pressure
    mental and physical health problems
    severe constipation
    contracted pupils
    moodiness
    menstrual irregularities
    lung, liver, kidney and brain damage
    collapsed veins from injecting the drug
    loss of weight
    reduction of sex hormone levels
    frequent infections
    pregnancy complications including still birth
    death

ptennant - Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:54 am

I am a 39 year old female. I realized that I have had 3 tetanus vaccines in the last 4 years. Previous to that I think I had too many also. I had one 4 years ago, one 8 months ago and just had another. I could not think at the time due to the situations to remember when I last had the vaccines. Is this dangerous?