Question: Zyprexa

Webster5959 - Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:40 am

I took several Zyprexa to stop the shakes after drinking too much. I suffered a grand mal seizure. Could it have been from an overdose of the zyprexa or as a result of the detox?:
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:22 pm

For those reading who don't know, Zyprexa is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain. It is used to treat conditions such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and can also be used for other things as determined by your doctor.

Anytime you alter the dose of a medication you have the possibility of overdosing. That's extremely dangerous, especially with Zyprexa.

You should avoid consuming alcohol during treatment of Zyprexia

Overdose includes drowsiness, agitation, aggressiveness, slurred speech, increased heart rate, vomiting, chest pains, trouble breathing and convulsions (seizures)

CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY or seek medical attention if you experience fever, sweating, severe muscle stiffness (rigidity), confusion, fast or irregular heart beats. These could be symptoms of a potentially fatal side effect called Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS).