Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: Missed pill

BabyGirl83 - Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

I am on the mini-pill camila. I always take my pill between 11:55 and 12:20pm. Yesterday I was late. I didn't take my pill till 2pm. Now, I have some spotting. Anyway, I took the pill and took the next one today around the normal time. I was wondering when it would be safe to have intercourse w/o a condom or other form of BC. Basically, when will I be protected again to the pill's full capability? My bf's bday is tomorrow. I wanted it to be special w/o having to worry about a condom...it's harder for him to cum...and neither of us are into anal. Thanks!
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:25 pm

If you are more than 3 hours late for a progesteron-only pill, you are not protected.
Use a back-up method of birth control for 7 days if, in your own calculation, you were about 3 hours late taking the pill. The time interval between 11.55 and 2pm is less than 3 hours but it is better to be safe since Camila is not a combined oral contaceptive pill.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

The administrator has warned guests not to post the same question on multiple sites, so you may be permanently banned from using the website if he detects your other post.
 ttc #2 - Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:19 pm

I stated my pack of combined ocp and have missed several (7) pills and now I bleeding. Bleed started on 7\18\2005. Should this start date be use as my lmp day or my previous date for figuring out the O date when ttc?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:54 pm

Bleeding is expected after missing so many pills and is referred to as withdrawal bleeding.

What is "ttc" in your last sentence? Do not use abbreviations which are not standard medical terminology.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 ttc #2 - Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:16 pm

ttc= trying to concieve and just in case O= ovulation. thank you for your help and await and answer to the rest of the question.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:27 am

It would be reasonable to consider 18 July 2005 as the start date of your menstruation.