Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Missed pill

BabyGirl83 - Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

I am on the mini-pill camila. I always take my pill between 11:55 and 12:20pm. Yesterday I was late. I didn't take my pill till 2pm. Now, I have some spotting. Anyway, I took the pill and took the next one today around the normal time. I was wondering when it would be safe to have intercourse w/o a condom or other form of BC. Basically, when will I be protected again to the pill's full capability? My bf's bday is tomorrow. I wanted it to be special w/o having to worry about a condom...it's harder for him to cum...and neither of us are into anal. Thanks!
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:25 pm

If you are more than 3 hours late for a progesteron-only pill, you are not protected.
Use a back-up method of birth control for 7 days if, in your own calculation, you were about 3 hours late taking the pill. The time interval between 11.55 and 2pm is less than 3 hours but it is better to be safe since Camila is not a combined oral contaceptive pill.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

The administrator has warned guests not to post the same question on multiple sites, so you may be permanently banned from using the website if he detects your other post.
 ttc #2 - Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:19 pm

I stated my pack of combined ocp and have missed several (7) pills and now I bleeding. Bleed started on 7\18\2005. Should this start date be use as my lmp day or my previous date for figuring out the O date when ttc?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:54 pm

Bleeding is expected after missing so many pills and is referred to as withdrawal bleeding.

What is "ttc" in your last sentence? Do not use abbreviations which are not standard medical terminology.

Dr Anthony Solomon
 ttc #2 - Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:16 pm

ttc= trying to concieve and just in case O= ovulation. thank you for your help and await and answer to the rest of the question.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:27 am

It would be reasonable to consider 18 July 2005 as the start date of your menstruation.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us