Question: venlafixine withdrawal

billyboyaz - Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:33 pm

I'm trying to get off effexor/venlafaxine, 150mg and I'll be damned if I'm not seeing things that aren't there. Just pulled into my garage and had to stop because I thought I saw my son's car pullijng out. Thoght he was goiing to hit me. Nobody was in the car.
Before that I've been seeing things out the corner of my eye (not threatening things) that don't turn out to be there.
I can not believe none of the medicos told me about this a year ago when I started this stuff.
Any reccomendations? I'm tapering. This week I'm taking about 3/4 of the beads inside the capsule. Next week I'll take 1/2 of them. Week after that, 1/4. Then, off.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:07 am

User avatar Hallucinations have been reported with SSRI antidepressant withdrawal. Effexor is also noted to produce them with active use.

Make sure you talk to your doctor about tapering. Some people experience very unpleasant effects, and they can last for weeks in some cases.