Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: Hives or bug bites?! Please help!

crybaby - Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:28 am

Hi,
For about the past week i've been waking up with itchy welts on my skin. I thought it was a spider bite at first, but i have too many to be coming from a spider. My boyfriend seems to think they are stress hives, but i've looked up info on hives and i'm not sure. They are about the size or a nickel and very itchy. but they're really spread out randomly on my body. I have one on my hand, 4 on my feet, two on my back, one on my arm, and one on my ear. From what i read of hives, they should be grouped more than mine are, and also go away within a day. Mine have been here for 3 days and are just starting to not itch and go away. I have no idea what it could be, but it's driving me crazy!!! (which i'm sure won't help, if they are from stress....hehe) But anyways, does this sound familiar to anyone out there?
I have no history of allergies or hives or anything. Please help!!
They look like mosquito bites, large ones.
~thanks sooo much!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:13 pm

User avatar They do sound like hives, itchy red and raised bumps larger than a bug bite. The don't necessarily have to be all together, and yes, stress seems to be the trigger for them.

Call your doctor and ask him if benadryl would be alright for you to take.
 crybaby - Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:35 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll definitely do so.=) I took some tylenol allergy and it seemed to help a little bit. They're going away slowly but surely, so we'll see waht happens. Strange having it just happen randomely at age 25.=)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us