Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Question: period pain pills???

tinksplace - Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:46 pm

could anybody recoomend a good painkiller for period cramps. ive tried numerous ones and they don't seem to really ease the pain. ive tried midol,tynnenol.advil, and none of it seem to help. :roll: :roll: thanks for any help.
 DeLWolcott - Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:11 am

Birth control pills are sometimes used to regulate periods and to help alleviate menstrual cramping. If this is not an option for you, speak to your physician about other prescription-strength possibilities.
 layla2769 - Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:01 am

I have had problems with major pain with my periods and I used to get lortabs for it .don't do it i got very hooked to them over the years and ended up in rehab to detox for 3 days and i never went back ,the pain of detoxing lasted a good two months and the funny thing is they never took the pain away completely.Good news though i found that aleive works wonders it took my cramps from doubled over to completely to gone.I wish i would have realized this from the beginning.
I have tried advil,pamprin,tylenol,you name it.and yes birth control pills do help but i am a smoker and scared to take it.
I hope this helps.