Medical Specialty >> Pharmacy

Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/5/2017.

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: period pain pills???

tinksplace - Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:46 pm

could anybody recoomend a good painkiller for period cramps. ive tried numerous ones and they don't seem to really ease the pain. ive tried midol,tynnenol.advil, and none of it seem to help. :roll: :roll: thanks for any help.
 DeLWolcott - Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:11 am

Birth control pills are sometimes used to regulate periods and to help alleviate menstrual cramping. If this is not an option for you, speak to your physician about other prescription-strength possibilities.
 layla2769 - Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:01 am

I have had problems with major pain with my periods and I used to get lortabs for it .don't do it i got very hooked to them over the years and ended up in rehab to detox for 3 days and i never went back ,the pain of detoxing lasted a good two months and the funny thing is they never took the pain away completely.Good news though i found that aleive works wonders it took my cramps from doubled over to completely to gone.I wish i would have realized this from the beginning.
I have tried advil,pamprin,tylenol,you name it.and yes birth control pills do help but i am a smoker and scared to take it.
I hope this helps.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us