Question: medication making it worse

skeb_nz - Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:06 pm

Hi
I have already posted here and need a bit mor info. I have been on a medication call Ado-Nadolol for only a week and a half. I am on it to see if it helps my migraines, which I've had for about 3 months. They are not like common migraines as they last only last for 5 to 20 seconds at a time and I got, on average, 2 to 4 a day, before I went on the med. After about 2 or 3 days on the med I started having my headaches more frequently, and now I am getting between 8 and 12 of these a day. Is this normal or should I speak to my neurologist who prescribed them for me?
Thanks heaps for this site.
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:56 am

User avatar Hi!

I can't see how it could be normal for a drug for the treatment of a disease to bring about an aggravation of the disease symptoms. If I were you, I would stop the medicine and consult with the doctor again.

Warm regards,

bill