Doctors Lounge - Pharmacy Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Pharmacy Answers List

Forum Name: Pharmacy & Drug Topics

Question: hydroxycut

rbc41702 - Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:06 pm

I thought i posted this yesterday but i don't see it. Anyways, I was wondering if hydroxycut would have a negative impact on birth control. I am using Necon 1-35.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:51 pm

User avatar Hydroxycut has not been fully evaluated by FDA as a weight loss forumula. Of its ingredients caffiene is the only known substance that interacts with combination hormonal contraceptives. It leads to an increased effect of caffiene on the CNS (central nervous system).

Hydroxycut ingredients:
    Calcium (as Hydroxycitrate) 265 mg 27%
    Chromium (as Polynicotinate) 133 mcg 111%
    Potassium (as Chloride/Hydroxycitrate) 249 mg 7%
    Hydroxagen Plus 1.7 g*
    Garcinia Camboga (Fruit & Rind) Extract Standardized for (-)Hydroxycitrate acid
    Glucomannan (Amorphophallus Konjac)
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Willow Bark Extract (Purple & White) Standardized for Salicin
    L-Carnitine (as Tartrate)
    Hydroxy Tea 406 mg*
    Green Tea Leaf Extract (Standardized for 95% polyphenois) [70% Catechins (45% epigallocatechin gallate-90mg EGCG)]
    Caffeine (as Caffeine Anhydrous)
    Guarana Extract (seed) Standardized for 200mg of caffeine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us