Question: antibiotics for acne and infertility related?

Golaab - Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:32 pm

weird question, but I think I heard it from a herbal specialist once... He was either speakig of accutane or antibiotics (prescribed for acne) in general. I don't remember which, but if it was the latter, I wanted to know if drugs like tetracyclin, erythromycin, doxyclicin, etc increase the chance of infertility?

Thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:34 pm

User avatar No not to anyones knowledge. Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Tetracycline) – prescribed to each partner during an IVF (invitro fertilization) cycle, to control bacteria that may affect implantation in the female and sperm quality in the male during treatment of infertility.