The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: master or phd

luna - Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:55 pm

I have a bachelor of science in general engineering major in networking, & I am interested in continuing my studies in sth related to medecine, any suggestions? :roll:
Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:37 am

Hello Luna:
You didn't say whether you planned on going into medicine or whether you just wanted to learn about it. From my own experience I would say that just taking a few courses would not be of much benefit to you in your career if you don't plan on going into medicine or a field of Allied Health. If you are considering Medicine as a profession I think it would be beneficial to spend time volunteering at a hospital or other facility where you could see first hand what goes on to determine if this is really something you want to spend your time studying. Any career in the medical field relies heavily on the study of Anatomy and Physiology. After that an in-depth study of Pharmacology would be the next course I would take. These courses are a far cry from networking. Are you thinking of changing your major?
CmMerritt