Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: 4 years of tired throat muscles, sore neck...lump in throat.

princess84 - Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:58 pm

for about 4 years my muscles in my throat have felt like they are really tired and when I breathe or swallow I feel like there is a lump in my throat and my neck muscles feel tired all the time too. I have gone to the doctors and just got so frustrated when he says that it's nothing (even without checking) that I just gave up and didnt bother with it anymore. any idea what this could be??
goodchick27 - Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:13 pm

Dear *******,

I am a female who had the same problem kinda. I have a lump at the top of my mouth . and it hurts really bad if u swallow or if u touch it it is almost near the tonsulles now .WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! I HAVE HAD IT FOR 6 DAYS[/list]

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us