The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: neck

Acrobat - Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:10 am

hi, I posted this before but got no reply for whatever reason, so im taking a chance and asking again.

I am a clothes model (im male) and I need to keep myself looking as good as possible. Im fit and healthy but my neck is sagging alot. I am 26 years old and it is NOT sagging because of fat or overweight. The skin is very firm, and there is no fat under the surface. I think it is just sagging because that is my genes, and because I am getting older.

I NEED to try to help this as much as possible and nothing I have done so far has helped. I have tried lots of exersises and none of them helped, and I also have no sugary or fatty foods but its making my slightly under-weight.

Please help if possible. This (sad I know) is one of the most important things in my life at the moment, and its alot more important than it sounds.

p. s. the only way I can better describe it is that my neck use to go UP from my chin to my neck above my adams apple. Then as I got a bit older, it went horizontal like this picture:
http://www. nismat. org/ptcor/neck/neck_forw. jpg

and now I am older still it is sloping downwards like this picture:
http://www. merryclinic. com/eczema/beforeafter/neck. jpg
(but not saggy or wrinkled skin --- that was just an example of the shape)

(neither of those pictures are me, I just found them on the internet to help try to explain what I am talking about.)
Glitzy - Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:27 am

Do you think this may be caused due to excess skin? Do you know if it is genetic? Have you tried talking to your primary doctor or maybe a dermatologist? Is this affecting your career as a model, has someone spoken to you about your neck in regards to photoshoots?
You are very young to have an aging neck, is it just your neck that looks older than 26? I hope that you will soon find yourself at ease. As a model are you in ads/magazines? I wish you peace of mind. =)