Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Dark-Brown Urine

AshleyF - Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:06 pm

What are some diseases prevalent to the northeast US that could cause dark-brown urine?
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:02 am

Dear Ashley,

At any time a urinary problem is suspected, it is better to do a urine analysis.

The causes of dark-brown urine include but are not limited to:

- Concentrated urine because of dehydration and not drinking enough water and fluids.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Renal failure.
- Liver failure.
- Blood in the urine.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.
elias - Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 am

brown urine? crazy
Perrin - Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:44 am

yeah just today I started to get the same thing as Ashley I don't know if I should go to the doctor or anything because I really never drink sodas, all I really drink is sweet tea and water and a short time after that I started to work out and I got this werid pain inside of my stomach on the lower left side which is weird because that has never happend to me before, I told my mom about the brownish pee but I dident mention the pain, she told me it could have been for a number of reasons why thats happening to me and not to worry about it and she told me to drink more water I really don't know what I should do so please get back to me on this