Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Dark-Brown Urine

AshleyF - Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:06 pm

What are some diseases prevalent to the northeast US that could cause dark-brown urine?
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:02 am

Dear Ashley,

At any time a urinary problem is suspected, it is better to do a urine analysis.

The causes of dark-brown urine include but are not limited to:

- Concentrated urine because of dehydration and not drinking enough water and fluids.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Renal failure.
- Liver failure.
- Blood in the urine.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.
elias - Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:23 am

brown urine? crazy
Perrin - Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:44 am

yeah just today I started to get the same thing as Ashley I don't know if I should go to the doctor or anything because I really never drink sodas, all I really drink is sweet tea and water and a short time after that I started to work out and I got this werid pain inside of my stomach on the lower left side which is weird because that has never happend to me before, I told my mom about the brownish pee but I dident mention the pain, she told me it could have been for a number of reasons why thats happening to me and not to worry about it and she told me to drink more water I really don't know what I should do so please get back to me on this

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us