Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Tongue Ulcer

flyingfingers - Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:30 am

I noticed this morning my tongue was sore. I have not eaten anything spicy and do not drink or smoke. The soreness has progressed over the course of the day, and at this point, my tongue is very sore. There is a white ulcer on the left side of my tongue, close to the tip. The ulcer appears to stand out much more now than it did before. It looks like the ulcer is going to become separated from the tongue but it has not at this point. Is there any type of homeopathic or natural treatment for this?
Dr. Russell M - Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:01 pm

Hi!

I am not aware of homeopathic/natural medicines for your tongue ulcer. I would ask to concentrate on oral hygeine, Analgesics for local application, and vitamin B complex.

bill