Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Tongue Ulcer

flyingfingers - Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:30 am

I noticed this morning my tongue was sore. I have not eaten anything spicy and do not drink or smoke. The soreness has progressed over the course of the day, and at this point, my tongue is very sore. There is a white ulcer on the left side of my tongue, close to the tip. The ulcer appears to stand out much more now than it did before. It looks like the ulcer is going to become separated from the tongue but it has not at this point. Is there any type of homeopathic or natural treatment for this?
Dr. Russell M - Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:01 pm

Hi!

I am not aware of homeopathic/natural medicines for your tongue ulcer. I would ask to concentrate on oral hygeine, Analgesics for local application, and vitamin B complex.

bill

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us