Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Bump Behind Right Temporal Lobe

prday - Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi Doc,

I am 33 years of age and I am in generally good health, although I do smoke but I am cutting down. In the past I did drink quite alot (2-4) pints of beer a day but no spirits

I have been under an enourmous amount of stress lately, my dad died near christmas of cancer and I had look after my Mother who has been diagnosed as having HypoMania.

I have a lump behind my right ear lobe (temporal) and in my youth I did have that ear pierced. I think the lump has been there for quite a while now probably a year or so I didn't think of it at the time. It doesnt hurt but now and I think it is due to the stress I get pins and needles in my legs at times. But then again I seem to be working 18 hours a day. Do I need a check up?

I had a car accident a fw years and hit the top of my head.
rjshprabhakar - Mon May 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Dear prday/
Hello,
you have a lump behind your right ear lobe. This could be a sebaceous cyst, a dermoid, a enlarged Lymph node, a lipoma or some other benign condition. Since u do not have pain ,it means it is not an infective process. Ideally a course of Antibiotics should be taken followed by [FNAC} if the lump does not disappear. To rule out any malignant pathology, it needs a proper investigations and examination. Consult your doctor.
Sincerely yours
Dr Rajesh Prabhakar

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us