Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Bump Behind Right Temporal Lobe

prday - Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Hi Doc,

I am 33 years of age and I am in generally good health, although I do smoke but I am cutting down. In the past I did drink quite alot (2-4) pints of beer a day but no spirits

I have been under an enourmous amount of stress lately, my dad died near christmas of cancer and I had look after my Mother who has been diagnosed as having HypoMania.

I have a lump behind my right ear lobe (temporal) and in my youth I did have that ear pierced. I think the lump has been there for quite a while now probably a year or so I didn't think of it at the time. It doesnt hurt but now and I think it is due to the stress I get pins and needles in my legs at times. But then again I seem to be working 18 hours a day. Do I need a check up?

I had a car accident a fw years and hit the top of my head.
rjshprabhakar - Mon May 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Dear prday/
you have a lump behind your right ear lobe. This could be a sebaceous cyst, a dermoid, a enlarged Lymph node, a lipoma or some other benign condition. Since u do not have pain ,it means it is not an infective process. Ideally a course of Antibiotics should be taken followed by [FNAC} if the lump does not disappear. To rule out any malignant pathology, it needs a proper investigations and examination. Consult your doctor.
Sincerely yours
Dr Rajesh Prabhakar

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us