Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: I need help with E/M Coding

jrunci1 - Wed May 26, 2004 7:08 pm

I am researching E/M coding, and I haven't found anything so far that tells me exactly how to decide which level of E/M go with which procedures and diagnoses. Can you please walk me through a patient encounter and tell me exactly what goes on with the paperwork. I would like to know exactly what the doctor writes down, and how the E/M level is decided according to the written information.

Thank you.
Dr. Russell M - Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:38 pm

Hi!

Perhaps this should help for a start:

Click here!

bill
jrunci1 - Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Thanks, Bill! That is really helpful!
Dr. Russell M - Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:25 pm

Any time!
beanhealer - Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:59 pm

check out my website at emuniversity. com for physician-to-physician e/m coding advice

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us