Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Throat, Ear and Tongue pain

kkassgrl - Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:22 am

hi,
I'm a 24yr. old female who has been having pain in my ears and at the back of my tongue by my throat after recovering from a bad cold. I have been to the doctor, they did a swab for strep that was neg. They seem to think that there is no problem and that it will just go away. the pain I get is mostly at night and sometimes in the morning. I'm also a smoker. could this be the problem? I have been smoking for quite a few years now and have never had this problem in the past. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated as I have had this pain for about three weeks now.
MaryAnn RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 am

Hi kkassgrl ,
Have you been ever tested for allergies?

MaryAnn RN
kkassgrl - Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 am

yes I have .... this problem only started after my cold went away... I have a good friend that had the same cold and is having the same pains as I am....so any help would be great.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us