Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Throat, Ear and Tongue pain

kkassgrl - Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:22 am

hi,
I'm a 24yr. old female who has been having pain in my ears and at the back of my tongue by my throat after recovering from a bad cold. I have been to the doctor, they did a swab for strep that was neg. They seem to think that there is no problem and that it will just go away. the pain I get is mostly at night and sometimes in the morning. I'm also a smoker. could this be the problem? I have been smoking for quite a few years now and have never had this problem in the past. any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated as I have had this pain for about three weeks now.
MaryAnn RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 am

Hi kkassgrl ,
Have you been ever tested for allergies?

MaryAnn RN
kkassgrl - Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:23 am

yes I have .... this problem only started after my cold went away... I have a good friend that had the same cold and is having the same pains as I am....so any help would be great.