The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: lump or blister on uvula

joann9298 - Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:10 am

27/F I went to the Dr. about a lump or blister on my uvula, week or so ago. She put in a referral to the ENT but it is not till the 21st. It still is there but now its 2 lumps or blisters. She also told me I have a rash on the top part of my mouth. Which is still present. I can not find any info on this. Can anybody tell me anything.
Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:17 am

Hi joann9298,
Have you experienced a recent Fever, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, etc.? For example, Herpangina more commonly affects children, but may also be seen in adults. This condition is usually caused by the coxsackievirus and presents as an acute onset of Fever, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, red rash in the mouth and vesicular lesions may be present on the tonsils, uvula, etc. Keep in mind that I am not implying this is the causative factor of your illness but used as an example. The ENT will be able to identify the source of your complaint. Best wishes.