The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Primary Care Answers List

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: Chronic sore throat, etc

angelbabe - Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:17 am

I have alot of trouble with sore throats. It seems I always have one. When I goto the doctor nothing shows up on lab tests, and I just have to wait it out. This has been happening more and more lately. I got my tonsils taken out in Jan. Before that I had lots of bacterial sore throat infections. Now it's just plain sore throats. Any ideas on what this can be? I don't know if this is related, but um..I have a bad smell "down there" right now as well. I don't think its a yeast infection. Thanks for your time.

Amy
Dr. Russell M - Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:44 pm

Hi!

Have you had your throat swab examined? Do you frequently gargle with warm saline for your throat?

If you have vaginal discharge, it would be best to get yourself examined and tested. Vaginal douching with antiseptics may help for the malodor.

bill

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us