Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Nutrition & Diet

Question: weight and water

nikki5 - Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:32 am

Hi there.. I am just wondering.. in the last 2 weeks I have drank more water than I ever have in my life.. traded coke for water and im just wondering .. I have been loosing wieght pretty consistantly and now all of a sudden ive lost nothing, could that have somthing to do with drinking lots of water? could it maybe making me stay the same on the scales? if that isnt it I will do more exersize but it just seemed odd that all of a sudden the wightloss stoped.. thanks for any info you can give :)
Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:19 pm

Hi nikki5,
During weight loss there is what could be described as a slowing or halting period. The weight loss should resume although most likely not quite as fast so don't become discouraged. Trading the coke for the water was a good move.
nikki5 - Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:15 am

thanks Theresa :)