The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: white patches

felicia - Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:06 am

I am a 25 yr old female. I have noticed white growth patches in my inner lip and cheeks. I doesn't hurt. I am able to bit some of it off but it continues to grow back daily. I try to brush my teeth to see if it will come off while brushing but that doesn't work.
Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:58 am

It sounds as if you may have thrush. This typically takes an antifungal medication such as nystatin to clear up.

I would recommend that you see your doctor. There are a few other possibilities. If it is thrush you should have some immune system testing as occasionally thrush in adults is a signal of immunocompromise. (I do not mean to alarm you as this is not a definite thing.)