Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Effect of Brain Entrainment music for Brain

hoshi - Fri May 11, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi I have interest in the area of Briain Entrainment and have purchased brain entrainment music like Mozart Effect for my kids. I am wondering if there is any medical studies on the effectiveness for

1. Slowing down the rate of cancer cell spreading

2. faster recovery for Brain related patients .

etc
Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 am

I can't speak specifically to the mozart music for children but studies have shown that the brain can heal better and stays sharper if it is being utilized and challenged by things such as puzzles and thinking about music.

I am not aware of any data regarding music therapy and cancer; however, this doesn't mean it doesn't exist.