The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: throat mucus

nena1971 - Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:54 pm

I was wondering if throat mucus can get hard? I have been Coughing up little peices of a yellow hard and horrible smelling things in my throat . . I am not sure what this is. My thoat has been bothering me for a while. My Dr sent me to have a bubarm swallow and it came back normal. In the mean time I still have this problem. The hard peices im Coughing I can smash them with my fingers and that is when the smell of it knocks me over. and most the time if I Cough up a bigger peice (size of a small pea)it leaves my throat felling raw. If any one can I would be thankful. Thanks
Vegans - Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:22 am

hi,
I don't think the mucus can become hard, but then I could be wrong. I have a bad problem with loads of mucus in my throat, but it is very sticky and slimy but I cant Cough it out.
Hope you find an answer to your problem :D