The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: vertigo...or?

littleindian - Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:25 am

For the past week I have had vertigo. First, it started in the morning and by night, I was feeling fine. But, today it caught up with me at night. Along with this, I have had blurred vision, double vision, and sometimes a slight Headache. I have tried to look up reasons, and I do know that a lot of areas can cover this. One that worries me is MS, I do also have tremors in muscles, but not too often. And, I suffer from a lot of the side affects of MS, including restless leg syndrom. Please help me!!!!!
Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 pm

Hi littleindian,
The symptoms you suggest would'nt really suggest MS (this of course is purely speculative). They do however, indicate that you should get a neurological examination to exclude other neurological diseases. Vertigo could be caused by diseases affecting the brain or the inner ear. From the picture you are painting a disease of the brain should be excluded before anything else.