Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: EYE SYMPTOMS - PREGNANCY ?

Melani - Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:23 am

On Friday (10. 09), despite having done nothing at work, I went home exhausted - went to bed at 19:00

Woke up on Saturday with puffy eyes and eyes felt strained.

Monday, (13. 09. 04) I felt the same tiredness, this time with a dull Headache the whole day.

Tuesday, 14. 09. 04 I had the most horrid tired eyes - they feel so strained - eyelids have been a little puffy.
My body itself does not feel tired.

Wednesday - stayed home from work, eyes were severly strained and just slept the whole day, feeling tired.

My eyes have been feeling dry and tired ever since.

I am a secretary who spends a lot of time in front of the computer adn read a lot.
I am meant to wear reading glasses which were prescribed 6 years ago - but due to financial constraints just never got them.

Do I need to go for an eye-test ?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a while now
What with a missed period and other pg symptoms I was just wondering if dry eyes were a symptom during pregancy (early pregnancy)
I would have ovulated 1-3 September. From my calcualations, I should be able to test for pg from today. Will buy a test later but any advice before then would be appreciated.

Please advise
Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:16 pm

Hi!

Sorry for the late response. How do you feel now? Are your eyes still puffy? Did you have your Pregnancy test done?

Puffy dry eyes are not usually part of early pregnancy symptoms.

bill

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us