Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics

Question: Doctor Survey

Anonymous - Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:22 am

Hello, I am currently doing a project for school about doctor's fields of specialty and I was wondering whether some soctors could answer some questions. Thank you in advance.
_______________________________________________________________________
1. What is your field of specialty?
2. Which medical school did you attend?
3. What do you believe to be the most rewarding aspect of your job?
4. Was medical school the hardest part in the process of becoming a doctor?
5. Contrarily, what do you consider to be the worst aspect of your job?
6. How did you become interested in becoming a doctor? Also, what drew you yo choose your field of specialty?
7. What is unique about your specialty field when compared to other specialties, in other words what sets your specialty apart from the rest?
8. What would you change about your field of specialty if you could.
9. What is your advice for students who want to become doctors?
DHARAM - Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:21 am

[b][b][b]Hello, Nadia_C,[/b][/b] [/b]The answers are as follows:
1) My speciality is INTERNAL MEDICINE.
2) I attended University of Guyana, thence to Glasgow University(SCOTLAND), Postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge(UK.)
3) Well, generally, I would have to say patient satisfaction with response to therapy.
4) Most definitely.
5) Filling out INSURANCE CLAIMS & BENEFITS ( A lot of paper work)
6) I guess you can say that it runs in the family - from father & brothers + cousins
Because it encompasses everything, including obstetrics-gynaecology, paediatrics, neurology, nephrology, urology, urogynaecology, endocrinology, clinical haematology, oncology, medical genetics, pharmacology, etc.
7) You get to see a broad spectrum of patients each with a different complaint rather than a paediatrician who sees only infants, toddlers & children, etc.
8) NOTHING EXCEPT FOR SOME OBSOLETE DRUG SCHEDULES.
9)ADVICE: STUDY HARD, PLAY HARD & DO A LOT OF READING FOR ABOUT 10-12 HOURS PER DAY. I DON'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU BUT THAT'S REALITY BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL.
REMEMBER: ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES JACK A DULL BOY.
ALSO, HARD WORK, DEDICATION, SACRIFICE, SETTING YOUR GOALS IN LIFE VERY HIGH, NO CIGARRETTE SMOKING & ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION.[list=][/list]
BEST REGARDS,
D. SAWH M. D., F. R. C. P.