Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Ear Nose and Throat

Question: unable to speak

usman ghani - Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:40 pm

my brother is 14. yet he speaks very some words even incomplete, he has no defect in the throat, he is able to hear normally, when he was born he had not cried (as every children cry at birth)so to make him cry an uneducated midwife beat him some slaps on his head after doing his head down and feet up. please repy me best, thanks a lot
Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:52 am

Dear Usman,

Is your brother mentally challenged? Does he go to school? Other than the few words he can't pronounce correctly, can he speak comprehensibly?

If he is not mentally challenged, goes to school and is at the level where he is supposed to be and speaks without other problems, there is no need to worry.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge. com and I hope that this information helped and waiting for your reply.

Yasser Mokhtar, M. D.