The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers
"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."
Forum Name: Miscellaneous Student Topics
Question: Doctor Questions
|NadiaC - Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:33 am|
Hello, I am currently doing a project for school about doctor's fields of specialty and I was wondering whether some soctors could answer some questions. Thank you in advance.
1. What is your field of specialty?
2. Which medical school did you attend?
3. What do you believe to be the most rewarding aspect of your job?
4. Was medical school the hardest part in the process of becoming a doctor?
5. Contrarily, what do you consider to be the worst aspect of your job?
6. How did you become interested in becoming a doctor? Also, what drew you yo choose your field of specialty?
7. What is unique about your specialty field when compared to other specialties, in other words what sets your specialty apart from the rest?
8. What would you change about your field of specialty if you could.
9. What is your advice for students who want to become doctors?
|Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:34 pm|
yes Nadia why not we hope we can help you.
for question number
1-oncology is my speciality
2- faculty of medicine; cairo university
3- the most rewarding aspect in our career is to be able to give the patient the right proper care he needes . this is for sure will be translated by the trust pateints and their families give to us so you will see the smile, satisfaction and hope in thier eyes once they know you are arround.
4-no the medical school was nt the hardest at all , the hardest comes with time which is how to manitain your skills and to upgrade your informations and knowledge.
5- the worest aspect is that sometimes we need to be awake 24 hours or more if possible to catch what is coming up. so it is not easy to take rest and there is no stop.
6-I became intersested to be a doctor coz I ve had my grandma with a chronic disease that neccesitate follow up with doctors for so long. then come my parents who wished me to be a doctor. and for this speciality I felt stick, sympathy to this type of pateints.
7-every speciality has it s own stigma for mine it is a combination of general medicine and onclogy also we share some other branches in medicine like biology, farmaclogy etc.
thanks for using website www. doctorslounge. com
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.