Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Back to Primary Care Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 9/4/2017.

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Under my tongue

EMO25 - Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:27 pm

for the past few days every time I would move my tongue around inside my mouth and the underside of my tongue slides on my teeth I would feel a slight sting. every time this would happen I would just blow it off and not think twice but this morning I got sick of it and looked under my tongue and I saw two rows of soft spiky looking things going down the underside of my tongue. every time I touch them it hurts I have no idea what they can possibly be. Please someone help me.
will it go away???????? its very noticable
Dr. Russell M - Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Hi!

I cannot make out what goes on under your tongue without an examination. Nevertheless, as a household remedy, one may begin saline mouth wash (high concentration common salt in water), and maintain oral hygeine. If quite painful, over-the-counter oral anesthetic gels are available for temporary relief. But as always, it is best to consult your doctor for definite advice.

bill

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us