Medical Specialty >> Primary Care

Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Oral and dental diseases

Question: Chapped Lips? Bumps

rsmo77 - Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:39 pm

Its been a week and I had this one bump on my upper lip, it was also on my lower lip but alot smaller with a white dot. The bump on the lower lip hurt everytime I smiled and I thought it would be chapped lips. Then the upper lip got a lil bigger and its been there ever since, now it looks like its moved to the other side of my upper lip. There is no puss or any fluid inside, it is just a bump. I've used chapstick medicated to see if that would help but it seems like its taken too long to get rid of. What could it be?
Game Over - Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:31 am

My sister actually had a condition like that just a week ago, medicines do work, but usually just num it for a while but don't get rid of it, try staying away from warm foods and drinks even know it is freezing outside, try drinking and eating more cool foods, watermelon is especially helpful
angelstation65 - Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:46 pm

I just started coming down with these translucent bumps on my lower lip. It started out just as a sore from having chapped lips, then it turned into multiple little clear liquid holding bumps. I don't know what they are and I don't know what to do about them. I would like to find a way to get rid of them because in my job I work around a lot of people. I don't want to weird them out or have to worry about the way I look. Does anybody have any pointers?