The Doctors Lounge - Primary Care Answers

Forum Name: Eye diseases (Ophthalmology)

Question: Lazy eye

scarface - Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:22 pm

my left eye is kinda lazy but some times its lazier than other times like if im really tired itll be really lazy. I already went to the doctor and he said my eye was fine. but I was wondering if there were any eye exercises I could do to make it look better.
Margaret Adams - Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:57 am

When I was very small, my 'lazy eye' crossed in. The doctor had my mother put a patch over my "good" eye to strengthen the lazy eye. I only had to wear the patch at home. Whether it was because of my age (2-3 years old, I suspect), or the 'exercise' using the patch, the eye did straighten out. It is still considered 'lazy' according to my opthalmologist, but it doesn't cross at all.